Sunday, July 15, 2007

Shopaholic-ism

Okay, so I have a little problem, with restraint. I don't have it. Patience? Not much! I can't even walk through a lame decrepit mall without succumbing to whimsy and shelling out a couple Ben Franklins ( well, not ben franklins, obviously, but I can't think of who is on the $20 bill? Is it the Queen? Shelling out a couple Queen Elizabeths doesn't really roll off the tongue... But who's that guy on the $5 bill? Alfred Laurier? Shelling out a couple Lauriers could work. I'll work on it)

Anyways, back to my problem. So I had this $60 gift certificate for Sears. ( actually it was my dad's from his retirement party but my mom gave it to me). I thought perfect. I can satisfy my craving and not anilate my pocketbook. I mean it's Sear's, not like I'm going to find much I want from there, right? But of course, it happens to be sidewalk sale time at Sear's and I end up spending like $80 on bras and underwear ( which I really needed, anyways) when I wanted to spend like $30 and spend $30 on actually buying my dad something with his own gift certificate.

Then I went to this random bedding store and spent like another $30 on a crocheted blanket and a silk duvet cover. Then I went to the Body Shop and they had all these essential oils priced all funny where I only really wanted one but I had to buy 3 to get a deal. So I did. Then I wanted some mositurizer and you had to buy two to get a deal. So I did. Then I went to Zellers and bought a shelf. And a chocolate bar because I felt depressed because I had spent so much money.

Plus now I can't stop thinking about these cute brown and pink shell-toed Adidas sneaks I saw at Champs. And these edgy boots and pink peep toe kitten heels at Payless.

This disease will be the end of me!