Friday, July 13, 2007

Music makes the people come together!!

Yesterday I bought four CDs!! I haven't done that in so long! I am glad I can download music but there is nothinglike buying a dope CD, and ripping it open and reading the little booklet and listening to the whole thing and learning the names of the songs you love.


The Beastie Boys: The Mix-up

I will buy Beastie Boys Cds until the day I die. Now maybe that makes me seem like a dude or like I am sort of pedophile trying to pick up 10-year old skateboarders in Esquimalt, but whatevs. I love the Beasties and they seem to get no love these days. This is an instrumental CD and I have never bought an instrumental CD before. But it is not mellow or Yanni-ish or anything. It is crazy and fast and fun. In fact, it makes me want to kick a few freestyles myself, grade 10 style coming at'cha. Look out for it, yo!
**************************************************************************************
Interpol- Our Love to Admire

Okay, so I may be a little late on the Interpol love-train. But whatevs. My defense is two-fold: I barely started downloading music like just a couple years ago; and I am easily distracted by flashy teenager singers (Damn you Jesse McCartney and Hilary Duff!) But I'm fully abroad now and I think this is the perfect time. This CD is moody and mad and sad and heavy and keyboard-tastic ( is that complete sacriledge to say heavy and keyboard-tastic in the same sentence?) Whatevs. I love this CD and am excited to see them live asap! Paul Banks is a GOD!

*********************************************************************************************

Classified - Hitch Hiking Music

What! Classified is my favourite Canadian rapper. In fact, he is battling for top 3 living rappers in my book ( with Jay-Z and Eminem, fyi). He is like the Jack Johnson of hip hop. Laid back and sweet, but he's a a lot less sleep-inducing than your boyfriend Jack Johnson(sorry). His beats are as good as anything out of NYC and while he does have a tendency to rap about how broke he is as opposedto how he'll beat you at dungeons and dragons (move on swollen members, it's not ironic anymore!); he does it without sounding pissed at the world like most backpack rappers. His songs are so club-worthy, it's ridiculous, but he gets no love in the clubs out here. No Fair. Classified is wicked and I bet you he will blow up.... soon!

********************************************************************************************

You Say Party! We Say Die! -Lose All Time

Shout out ABBOTSFORD! YSP!WSD! are fun and danceable and moody and edgy all at the same time. They bring it all with electro-pop goodness and moody lyrics. You know those parties where you start out looking so hot and then everything turns out messy and you like lose a shoe and rip you nylons and your hair gets all frizzy but then when you see the photos, you realize that it looks super hot and edgy like smeared red lipstick and smudged mascara? That's the appeal of YSP!WSD!

Class dismissed:)