Thursday, July 3, 2008

So uncool it’s cool again.... The personal blog is resurrected

I think it was Plato that said nothing is officially dead until someone says it is. By today’s standards of cyclic trends and mass consumerism, I think the more apt statement would be once the media says something is dead it’s time to bring it back to life. If personal blogs are really dead as most media savvy pundits are claiming (http://thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2008/06/24/PleasureBlog/), then I believe it’s time to resurrect what has died.
There will be changes. No more drunk photos; there’s always flickr for that (http://www.flickr.com/photos/preetadelic/)! No more boring, “this is what I did on the weekend” diatribes. If you want to know what I did last weekend, call me. No more lambasts about Britney Spears’ latest trauma or Amy Winehouse’s weekly conjugal visit to go see Blake, my Blake incarcerated. This is a blog about me. ME! If it interests you, great! If it makes you laugh or think even better. But ultimately it is for me to sort through my issues and go on and on about ME. Self indulgent, self-obsessed, over contemplating ME.

ENJOY:)

No comments: