Monday, November 19, 2007

Comes in Flashes.....

So for the past few years, I have been researching crazy people. You know reading books on crazy people, looking up crazy people symptoms on the Internet, watching TV shows about crazy people; sometimes I even go to this one coffee shop on Pandora and Government and people-watch because it's where a lot of street people and other medicated types work and congregate.
There's one common thread: it comes in flashes. Sometimes you are crazy and sometimes you are not. Sometimes you feel happy sometimes you feel sad and sometimes you feel nothing. That is when you should start to worry.
Most people who know me would say, that I often feel both very sad and very happy. I mean I cry at soap operas and I cry at concerts and I cry at long distance commercials and you-tube videos. It's been that way for a while.
Those same people and most aquaintances would say that I often seem happy. I am quiet, sure not I also smile and laugh a lot. It's ying and yang, baby.
But lately I have been waking up feeling so empty. For a while I thought I was hungry but I soon began to realize even potatoe chips didn't satiate the feeling in the pit of my stomach. I would watch a couple of hours of TV and have no idea what I had just watched; or read a magazine cover to cover and not be able to recall what a single article was about.
I feel a bit antsy and out of sorts; like I am watching myself but not really in my body. Not exactly a call for alarm yet. But it is sure unnerving.